Defining a good running form is not Rocket Science, but it’s still extremely subjective. However, most experts agree that good running form is key to better performance and an injury-free running experience. And they also agree that the five fundamental vectors – Cadence, Ground Contact Time, Foot Strike, Body Balance and Impact Stress – form the key to good running form.
Stridalyzer Smart Devices, coupled with Stridalyzer Analytics and guidance solutions, is the ONLY solution that measures, analyzes and provides you an insight into all these vectors, and provides a proprietary rating system, that we call the “5-Star System“. This system was developed with feedback and guidance from veteran runners, coaches, trainers, sports physiotherapists and orthopedic doctors.
When you run with Stridalyzer Insoles or PODs, at the end of every run, Stridalyzer App works with the cloud-based Analytics system to analyze your entire run for the 5 areas, and provides a rating to each area:
- Cadence: Are you taking the recommended number of steps per minute – about 160-180?
- Ground Contact Time: The lower your GCT, the better, as that means you are utilizing the knee & hip spring action optimally.
- Foot Strike & Stance: While heel strike in itself is not a big problem, if your heel strike tends to cause you to overstride, that’s a concern.
- Body Balance: Stridalyzer detects the load distribution on each leg, and calculates the avg. distribution throughout the run. Needless to say, a disbalanced loading will increase injury risk on the leg that’s overloaded.
- Impact Stress: Stridalyzer senses and measures impact stress through out your run. A uniformly distributed stress pattern ensures no part of the leg is taking undue burden, as excessive loading on any one area increases injury risk significantly.
If you score a rating of 4 and above – you’re doing good! Otherwise, you might want to look into our guidance and recommendation for fixing some of the issues!
- Get a 5-Star rating on a run 5KM or longer, share on Facebook or Twitter and tag us – a surprise gift awaits!,
Terms & Conditions apply.
ExpertConnect – the service where you can get matched up and connected to, well, an expert in various aspects of running – be it a sports physiotherapist, sports doctor, or even veteran runners who have gone through the struggles and pain – is well underway in its development phase, and we plan to pilot it soon!
With ExpertConnect, you select a guide to help you on a regular basis, and your guide reviews your run data through our “Trainer’s Toolkit” web platform. Based on the review, your guide can assign specific training plans, conditioning plans, other advice or just words of encouragement.
This way, you not only have the Stridalyzer intelligent analytics looking out for you, you have your own coach, looking at every aspect of your run – and you don’t even need to make an appointment and visit a clinic!
We are offering one-month FREE ExpertConnect service to select users of Stridalyzer, so if you are interested, please drop us a note at email@example.com, or from Stridalyzer App feedback page, and we will include your name in the list. We will contact you when we are ready to start the service.
Planning to run the Berlin Marathon? Or Chicago? Use the Virtual Simulator on our website to estimate your probable rank, and also try out various strategies to achieve your next PR! Virtual Simulator is based on real race data for the major marathons, for the previous years.
For example, did you know that “slow jogging” instead of running will help your rank by several hundred points, as opposed to “walking breaks”?